Spin it how you want man...I'll concede that lower income people use tobacco products more than higher income people, but it's an idiot tax. If you buy the product, you take on the tax burden associated with it. It's your choice. If people decide not to buy it, the tax doesn't ever get paid. If people decide to buy it knowing that there's a tax associated with it--it's their own **** fault, and I have no sympathy for those who do it, regardless of income.does it affect people below the $250,000 dollar mark more so than those in upper income levels both as a % of the population and % of there net income (Big Time).
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
We're really digging from the bottom of the barrel are we? So because lower income people smoke more, this whole tax hike was specifically aimed at them? Maybe it was aimed at all smokers and they happen to fall into it more than any else, just maybe. Looks like it would help them stop blowing all that money on already expensive habit if they're strapped for cash. Are these the same ones I get stuck in line behind while they buy a carton of cigs, 10 bucks in scratch-off tickets and 3 bucks in gas? They need to cut back. I personally don't care if a pack of cigs or a can of snuff is $20 each, if it were, there would be a lot less users and health problems.
Again, where is the direct quote from him...instead of from a senator who fully supports the idea and keeps proposing it. I guess he would say that. Until I hear him say he IS going to do it or see it in the plan, it's nothing.
im a smoker, and it sucks they decide to tax us to death, but thats something you just have to deal with.
the reasoning behind it is a good one, trying to get people to quit smoking.
but when the increase taxes on soda, trans fats and sugar, i will revolt
ill start the first ESG militia and we will take Washington!
You smokers took one for the team! lol.
It helped with the cutting down, but the main reason behind it was to help pay for the new health plan...actually the hike was to extend coverage to 4 million kids.
President Obama signs children health care bill - Collegenews.
"Four million uninsured children will now join the current seven million already covered by the State Children?s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), which is one step towards fulfilling his universal health care coverage campaign promise.
Lawmakers will generate the $32.8 billion needed for the bill by raising the federal tobacco tax. The tax on cigarettes will go up about 62 cents to $1.01 a pack as a result."
I've heard of the soda tax, which would definitely affect this household. When I say that, I'm sure 3 cents per can isn't going to break us. I think a few states have done it already on their own(it was wine, soda and beer i think), which really helped them out. It's not a tax aimed at a class of people, that's ridiculous. He's trying to raise revenue without going back on that promise and he's hasn't. No one likes paying any kind of tax, but you have to in order to have anything.
They just need to legalize already, that would create so much revenue. Cali is already doing it with medical marijuana to help their deficit.
Really...what do ya expect? It's conservative tight-ass Glenn Beck...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
oakland was recently the first city to put a tax on their medical marijuana
they expect the revenue to really help the city's enormous deficit.
we are making progress towards legalization, but its still gonna take some time
Beck better settle down with his antics, might lose his job if he keeps his **** up.
Called Obama a racist the other night, the same Obama whose mother was white and was raised by his white grandparents. I hope he keeps it up though, maybe get what he deserves.
Pundit Glenn Beck calls President Barack Obama a 'racist', Fox News Channel execs downplay comments
Bookmarks